Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Auction

Well, it is Dad's birthday, and the day Uno is auctioned. It took me about an hour to understand the first auctioneer... And then, they changed auctioneers. I couldn't understand a word the second auctioneer was saying. I couldn't tell if he was saying $200 or $200,000.00. God blessed, me though, as always, He changed the auctioneer back to the first auctioneer about 5 horses before Uno.... Thank you God.... Of course, it didn't help the outcome. Randy and Marsha Olson outbid me and became Uno's new owners. It was a very sad weekend, and on Dad's 70th birthday no less. Anyway, we located the Olson's number and called them. We found out they have a nonprofit organization named Mustangs4ever. They adopt the mustangs, and eventually donate them to organizations that work with children that would otherwise never be exposed to horses. I know that Uno went to a good home, but he will be sorely missed. He was Dad's best friend for 100 days... God blessed our lives when he gave us dominion over the animals! It is an honor to be able to care for and receive the unconditional love they provide....

No comments:

Post a Comment